Ona – Information Technology and Services
Company: At Ona, we don’t just strive for diversity, we thrive on it. For Ona, diversity has been a spring board for creativity, innovation, and growth.
We are committed to giving equal opportunities to employees and applicants regardless of their race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, age, marital status, or pregnancy status.
Position: Software Test Engineer
We’re looking for software engineers in test who want to build and maintain a system to keep our code bases well tested and maintained.
Our team has worked on projects that record the social infrastructure of entire countries, tally the winners of national elections, and reduce infant mortality.
We build software that solves real problems and you will too.
- Checkout and test development branches, read and interact with engineers and product managers as necessary to understand the issues they are closing.
- Read through tests and extend tests as necessary to improve coverage. Refactor production and test code.
- Write functional, UI, and integration tests. Manage the build environment to ensure tests are run accurately and quickly.
- Create releases with change logs, verify they are production ready, and assist in deploying production releases.
Qualities we’re looking for
- Thoughtful coder.
o You understand the importance of abstractions and interfaces. You keep modules loosely coupled and know that algorithms + data structures = programs.
o You read and understand existing systems before diving in. You know how to prototype, how to iterate, and when to step back and think it through or ask questions.
o You are committed to the projects you work on and need to see them through to completion. You understand that solving the user’s problem is the end goal.
- Lifelong learner.
o You stay up to date with the latest trends and are excited to learn new languages, tools, and best practices.
o You thrive in teams and projects that span timezones and cultures.
o You’re ready and excited to travel in order to support projects, no matter how dusty or remote.
- Experience writing production code.
- Experience testing and releasing production code.
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of architectural dependencies.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Nice to have
- Experience with CouchDB or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with the Spring Framework
- Experience working with remote teams
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Note describing why you are interested in working at Ona.
- Examples of your work. Link to your GitHub page, projects you’ve completed, or your website.
- (bonus points) Build something cool using our API, or extend some software we’ve written.