Soko Is Hiring
Role: Market Research Intern
Reports to: MD
Contract Level: Standard, Temporary
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About Soko: Soko aspires to transform the status quo of how trade is conducted with emerging markets, to create a more ethical supply chain.
Soko is a catalyst for Global Supply Chain innovation, leveraging our proprietary ERP and mobile enterprise solutions in a distributed network of SME producers for a more ethical and agile production model.
We employ over 1200 artisans around Nairobi in a ‘Virtual Factory’ model that utilizes technology to enhance human productivity for greater reward.
Our commitment to ethical production has led to growing demand for our products from companies such as Nordstrom and Anthropologie, hundreds of boutiques, and thousands of online consumers.
More information about Soko can be found on our website www.shopsoko.com.
Role: We are looking for a methodical Market Research Intern to support Soko’s global expansion research.
The role of the Market Research Intern is to support data gather regarding product designs, prices and market size.
The successful market researcher will be able to analyze autonomously qualitative data, trends, strategies and competition aiming at the goal of developing global expansion recommendation .
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and market place and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations
- Understand business objectives and design surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences
- Compile and analyze statistical data using modern and traditional methods to collect it
- Perform valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis
- Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations
- Use online market research and catalogue findings to databases
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation
- Evaluate program methodology and key data to ensure that data on the releases are accurate and the angle of the release is correct
- Remain fully informed on market trends, other parties researches and implement best practices
- BS degree in Statistics, Marketing or related field
Required Skills / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in the field of study (preferred knowledge in market research & social impact)
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent computer skills generally, especially experience with Excel.
How to Apply:
If interested in this amazing opportunity, passionate to innovate and grow within emerging markets while having fun, send your CV to email@example.com with the subject title MARKET RESEARCH INTERN CV.
Deadline for all CVs is 28TH FEBRUARY 2017.
*Soko is an equal opportunity, anti-corruption, and affirmative action employer.