SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is a child focussed organization and an affiliate of the SOS Children’s Villages International. It is non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational, and non-racial.
Our mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
To realise this mission SOS CV Kenya is recruiting a National Director to lead the organisation.
Job Ref: SOS/ND/10/29
Purpose of the Position: Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the National Director will provide strategic direction
and leadership to the organization; be responsible for expanding the Associations’ impact, effectiveness and capacity; and for embedding appropriate infrastructure to realise the organisation’s long-term self—sustainability.
The incumbent will cultivate good working relationships with partners, donors, Government, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Create and sustain and environment in which there is effective and impactful delivery of programmes and services to children, youth, families and communities within the framework of the organization’s Vision, Mission & Values.
- Lead implementation of the strategic plan to ensure sustainable programmes that are operationally effective and guarantee quality child-care according to defined standards.
- Create and embed the necessary infrastructure to realise long-term self-sustainability through appropriate use of the Associations resources.
- Personally drive and inculcate in the organisation unequivocal accountability and compliance to the organization policies, standards and procedures.
- Develop projections and annual budgets for effective and sustainable management of the organization’s financial and other resources.
- Lead the fundraising agenda; pursue partner, Government support, donor, private and individual sources to maximize the resource mobilisation potential in the country and beyond.
- Create a high impact and high performance organisation driven by talented and competent staff who have the necessary competencies to fulfill its long-term goals and objectives.
- Lead and supervise the national and location management team.
- Represent the organization both nationally and internationally.