Job Title: Temporary Manufacturing Branch Accountant
Period: 4 months
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Our Client is a leading manufacturer and distributor of weighing Scales, power generation equipment and industrial products and they seek to hire a Branch Accountant.
He/she will be responsible for the full operation of an effective and efficient accounting system for the company’s branches.
- Preside over the financial record keeping of the branches and analyze all the branches’ financial data such as revenue, income, taxes, and cash position.
- Prepare financial statements such as balance sheets, cash-flow statements, and income statements for the foreign branches in line with local regulations and IFRS.
- Prepare varied reports to managers so that they can make informed decisions.
- Provide support at the head office in the areas of costing, factory operations and control, controls enforcement for local Kenyan branches & petty cash and Supply chain Analysis for cost optimization.
- Produce timely and reliable branch management reports weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Develop and control a centralised branch accounting system to ensure that accounts are effectively managed.
- Investigate variances against budgets and provide analysis of differences.
- Perform month end reconciliations for Accounts Payable, VAT, Fixed Assets and general ledger in the finance system.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and cash flow forecasts.
- Prepare the quarterly VAT and PAYE return and ensure that statutory returns and deductions are filed accurately and in time.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining costing models for the branches
- Perform daily petty cash reconciliations. Verification and validation of Cash office documents and Invoices before booking and payment regularly.
- Monitor costs for all imported goods and regularly advise management on cost behaviours.
- Liaise with the Head of the department to develop and implement effective costing and controls for the Factory operations.
- Prepare various audit schedules for the branches.
- Ensures that branch controls, operating mechanisms and internal policies are adequate, effective and comply with procedures of the parent company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Commerce/Finance
- CPA K Holder
- At least 4 years’ experience at a medium to large company.
- Able to work well under own initiative
- Have an aptitude for figures
- Exposure to wide operations of a finance department preferably in MNCs.
- Good organization and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Temporary Manufacturing Branch Accountant ) to email@example.com before 8th February, 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.