Vacancy: Travel Sales Specialist
Job Ref: TE/TSS/1
Our client specialises in creating exceptional tailor-made journeys for discerning travellers to exotic destinations in Asia, Africa and South America.
They are looking for a Travel Sales Specialist for their Africa market.
The incumbent will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
About the Position: As a Travel Sales Specialist your remit is to gain a deep understanding of your clients travel dreams and understand what makes them tick, and leave out from there create a tailor-made proposal based on their personal interests and your first-hand knowledge of Africa.
This is a fantastic opportunity if you love talking about travel, enjoy planning trips and making travel dreams come true!
Your goal is to generate bookings and ensure your clients return home having had an enchanting travel experience which exceeded their expectations and thus motivates them to return as their guests again.
You enjoy communicating with people with diverse backgrounds and personalities. This entails excellent listening skills, the ability to bring travel experience to life and to build trust.
Why would you want this job?
Who doesn’t love talking about travel?
For you this is an opportunity to do it as a career!
This is a really unique sales opportunity for many reasons – here are a couple –
o The people you work with.
- They are a very dynamic international and multi-cultural team where you will be challenged and have countless opportunities to broaden your horizons.
o Support for your growth.
- Their pool of managers, trainers and coaches will guide and support you while pursuing a personalised approach to help you succeed and grow. Furthermore, they invest considerable time and resources in the growth and development of their team.
o Flexible working hours.
- After the initial training, you will have considerable flexibility in your working hours.
o Having an impact.
- You create memories of a lifetime for their clients through the joy and wonder of personalised travel which often have a deep impact on their lives. Furthermore, they listen to their team members’ ideas and suggestions, irrespective of their seniority which gives you an opportunity to shape your own and their company’s path.
o Immersing yourself in Africa.
- You will be based in Africa and able to plunge into this colorful and vibrant continent with many breathtaking safari, nature and beach destinations at your doorstep.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Strong enthusiasm for sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Minimum 4 years sales/client advisory or customer service experience
- Minimum 2 year work experience in an international business environment
- Cultural openness and ability to interact with and connect to people from diverse background
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted