United States International University-Africa, situated in Nairobi, Kenya is the most diverse university in East and Central Africa catering to over 6500 students from 62 nationalities, and with a global network of over 16,000 alumni.
It is also the only other university in Africa to receive local and American accreditation of its 22 degree programs.
In line with USIU – Africa’s commitment to providing quality, affordable education through world-class service delivery platforms, USIU-Africa is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position:
Reporting to the Principal Accountant- Receivables, the holder of this position will responsible for supporting the day to day running of the accounts receivables function.
- Handle queries pertaining to student fees balance and issue statements of account as and when required.
- Maintain and update student accounts
- Lift holds for registration and financial clearance to students
- Process student refunds on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile cafeteria debit notes on a monthly basis
- Reconcile club accounts and special events account.
- Reconcile Transport and Student Health insurance accounts
- Draft letters and prepare invoices for students.
- Perform other duties assigned
Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Completed CPA (K) / ACCA (Final Level)
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position.
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Must have experience working with ERPs and be proficient in Excel.
- Thorough understanding of IFRS concepts
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good Communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by Friday, February 24, 2017.
Director of Human Resources,
United States International University – Africa
P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.