United States International University-Africa, situated in Nairobi, Kenya is the most diverse university in East and Central Africa catering to over 6500 students from 62 nationalities, and with a global network of over 16,000 alumni.
It is also the only other university in Africa to receive local and American accreditation of its 22 degree programs.
In line with USIU – Africa’s commitment to providing quality, affordable education through world-class service delivery platforms, USIU-Africa is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position:
ICT Officer II
Reporting to Chief Manager – ICT (Service Delivery), the holder of this position will be responsible for capturing incoming hardware and software calls from various user stations and resolve them.
- Capturing on the helpdesk system the details to all user requests as they come in via phone or email.
- Ensuring that all the pertinent details of a request are accurately captured.
- Resolving level 1 calls (MS Office, User permissions, Internet Access, Printing errors, etc.) over the phone or remotely by employing comprehensive problem analysis and customer service skills.
- Assigning level 2 and 3 calls to appropriate ICT Specialists in the various sections
- Ensure equipment is available to students, faculty and administration staff as per requests.
- Maintain and control user authentication information details for access and security.
- Ensuring all calls are appropriately assigned or escalated.
- Ensuring that all completed calls are appropriately closed.
- Test, image, and clean PCs, laptops, and other related hardware.
- Working in shifts to ensure service availability during all the required times.
- Updating the helpdesk knowledgebase with relevant information.
- Establish, maintain, and increase client satisfaction through professional, courteous, and caring service.
- Develop and conduct user training programs as well as maintain and update system procedure manuals to improve on performance standards.
- Will be responsible for developing the following Reports: Weekly activity Reports, checklist Report, and ticket Resolution Report.
Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology from an accredited university.
- CCNA, ITIL, MCITP or MCTS Certifications
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position.
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good Communication skills;
- Self motivated;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by Friday, February 24, 2017.
Director of Human Resources,
United States International University – Africa
P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.