United States International University-Africa, situated in Nairobi, Kenya is the most diverse university in East and Central Africa catering to over 6500 students from 62 nationalities, and with a global network of over 16,000 alumni.
It is also the only other university in Africa to receive local and American accreditation of its 22 degree programs.
In line with USIU – Africa’s commitment to providing quality, affordable education through world-class service delivery platforms, USIU-Africa is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position:
Reporting to the University Librarian, the holder of this position will assist in processing information resources and facilitating access to information.
- Charging and discharging information materials to library users and update their records, clear paid library penalties fees to facilitate utilization of library resources.
- Assist in providing reference information services to the university community to facilitate information retrieval.
- Provide library user education through library orientation and training sessions, to promote user information literacy.
- Organizing and maintaining library stock (shelving and shelf reading) to facilitate identification and retrieval of information resources.
- Training and monitoring work-study students, interns and students on attachment.
- Assist in cataloguing, classification and indexing to facilitate easy retrieval of information materials.
- Receiving, verification and physical processing of information materials.
- Assist in facilitating interlibrary loan requests.
- Assist in stock taking/reconciliation, weeding and book sales of weeded books.
- Assist in library clearances to students, staff and faculty.
- Biometric registration of new library users and laptop registration to facilitate library access.
- Assist in issuing of user barcodes to library users to facilitate ID processing.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Diploma in Information and Library Studies from an accredited academic institution.
- At least 2 years of relevant post-qualification experience in a similar position.
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good Communication skills;
- Self motivated;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by Friday, February 24, 2017.
Director of Human Resources,
United States International University – Africa
P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.