Title: Business Operations Officer
Are you a self-starter who draws energy from completion of tasks?
Are you highly organized, with a keen eye for detail?
Do you love new system design and implementation?
Are you excited about the prospect of building an amazing team? Look no further.
VIP is looking for a Business Operations Officer to ensure smooth running of the Kenya office operations.
He or she will be a process-minded and dynamic business professional who is comfortable managing a diverse set of responsibilities and learning new skills and functions on the job.
The business operations officer will support the team in achieving the organization’s goals. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious candidate to grow alongside VIP. The scope of the role will continue to expand based on the candidate’s ability.
VIP manufactures and sells a combined heat and power solution that runs on agriculture waste to farmer cooperatives, entrepreneurs and existing agribusinesses.
VIP wants to increase economic opportunities in rural villages by offering affordable energy that will power SME’s and allow for value added processing on the farm.
Smallholder farmers need access to heat and power to capture more of the value in the supply chain that they are the foundation of.
VIP’s 10kW steam engine produces thermal, electrical, and mechanical power, and its cost can be recouped in just two growing seasons. VIP currently has pilot units on the ground in Kenya and we will soon be in India, as well.
Office Systems Design and Implementation:
- Ensure effective administration systems are established and maintained for the office
- Ensure systems and processes are in place for effective quality assurance
- Maintain cyber security for office and field staff devices by using data encryption and an offline data room
- Adhere to best practices for asset management and procurement
Core HR – Team building, team communication, and all compliance:
- Work with the VIP Director and team to coordinate HR issues
- Arrange for necessary permits, visas and travel for staff and consultants
- Communicate and report effectively and promptly to line manager, operations manager and Directors
- Update leave monitoring sheet
- Provide daily updates to Directors, Operations Manager and Office & Finance Manager
Core Business Operations:
- Co-ordinate the reception, post and telephone services for the small office
- Support the organisation of meetings, note taking and sharing of outcomes
- Arrange travel logistics for the project, organising flights and hotels for consultants and project staff where necessary.
- Organise all aspects of events such as project workshops, including any room hire, accommodation, travel, per diem and lunches required.
- Troubleshoot key operational issue with guidance from programme management
- Process expenses and invoices for the organization
- Oversee facilities management
- Maintain a clean and well-functioning office space (including responsibility for IT, inventory and supplies)
- Manage office equipment, e.g. vehicle mileage and maintenance, insurances (training provided)
- Ensure staff have mobile/internet cards on monthly basis and that mobile cards remain operational and valid
- Assist in the filing, storage and security of documents
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor of Business Management (or a diploma with increased experience, see below)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role (or a diploma in Business Administration and 4 years of experience)
- Demonstrated strong administrative skills
- Experience in procurement according to best practice guidelines
- High level IT proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially with advanced Excel skills.
- Basic bookkeeping experience
- Self-starter, who can work independently and as part of a team
- Effective inter-personal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English and Swahili
Experience working in a multicultural organization
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online