Well Told Story is looking to hire a Project Manager to manage and coordinate the delivery of a 3 year, multi-million dollar grant.
This is an exciting role for someone with a flair for project management and experience in managing donor grants or a grant portfolio.
Well Told Story produces the award winning media communications channel Shujaaz.
Shujaaz inspires and motivates millions of young Kenyans to take action to improve their lives and engage with urgent practical issues that shape their future.
- Under the leadership of the ‘In Their Hands’ Project Director, ensure WTS’s delivery of a major, multi-million $ youth programme across all of its media platforms
- Provide key strategic leadership in the design of programme interventions and in the delivery of interventions as per the work-plan
- Interface with consortium partners and advocate for WTS’s priorities
- Work with Project Delivery to produce high quality donor reports
- Work closely with field teams to implement activities as per the work-plan
- Prepare for donor visits by organizing logistics and creating materials
- Regularly update the Campaign Teams and the Project Director on progress against targets and activity plans
- Oversee the payment schedules & participate in the review of Budget Variance Reports and in financial forecasting exercises
- Regularly problem-solve and re-strategize around issues arising
- Represent the consortium and WTS externally, including in government meetings and internationally as required
- Support the WTS Project Delivery team on report writing, content gathering, data-base management
- Ensure all relevant departments / staff are appraised on client/contract/grant matters and obligations
- Extract relevant information from partner correspondence and communicate with relevant teams accordingly
- Follow up on actions raised by the partner at meetings with relevant staff
- Ensure actions are taken by relevant teams for timely feedback to client
- Maintain up to date databases for all project schedules, deliverables/milestones
Education: First Degree in a relevant course.
- Experience in managing donor grants or a grant portfolio
- Experience in designing & implementing youth activities;
- Experience in dynamic, fast paced problem solving and turning around struggling initiatives
- You have strong organizing and project management skills;
- You have proven experience with writing dynamic, concise donor reports for large grants, including narratives;
- You have proven experience managing project budgets;
- Experience in reproductive health programming
- You are confident at creating order out of sometimes complex information and/or situations
- You must have good interpersonal skills and excellent at client-facing interactions
- PMP/PRINCE II certification is an added advantage
Then email us at email@example.com with a cover letter saying why you feel suitable for this role and your CV.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications we will not respond to each one and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The closing date for all applications is March 3rd 2017.