An Exciting Opportunity
Zetech University is the premier university for the education of Technology, Science and Business programmes, offering an exceptional learning experience to thousands of youth from Kenya and beyond.
Our Mission is to provide holistic education and foster a culture of integrity, hard work, research innovation and creativity towards problem solving and lifelong skills.
We are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of a Student Affairs Officer – Placement & Counselling
Reporting to the Dean of Student Affairs, the position holder will, among other duties, be responsible for:
- Representing the University to prospective employers and seeking placement opportunities
- Promoting placement opportunities and benefits to students through a range of media options
- Identifying industry speakers for career guidance talks/presentations/trainings/public lectures
- Targeting employer events to help inform students on relevant sectors for placement
- Assisting, promoting and hosting of employer events for both brand building and recruitment
- Monitoring and assessing the suitability of existing placement opportunities by ensuring that the employers meet the stipulated Zetech Academic Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Organizing workshops and trainings for entrepreneurship, leadership, employability and life skills
- Gathering and analyzing market information and trends
- Managing and analyzing placement activity data, giving feedback to all stakeholders and creating detailed and accurate reports
- Providing guidance to students on placement application processes through lectures, employer sessions and individual appointments
- Improving the self-concept of students; increasing productivity and developing positive image through psychological counseling
- Ensure the department is compliant to the university’s Quality Management System
- Assisting the Dean of Student Affairs in conducting ZUSA activities and organizing student social activities and events
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A Bachelors degree in Communication, Public Relations, Social Sciences or relevant field from a recognized University
- A diploma or post graduate diploma in counselling psychology
- Must be a registered professional counselor
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience and knowledge of job recruitment and student attachment process in an educational environment (preferably in a University)
- Experience in counseling young people is an added advantage.
Interested applicants to send their application letters and updated CVs via the email address – firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Ref. ZU/10/25/21 indicating the current and expected salary not later than 28th February 2017.
Zetech University is an equal opportunity employer