Action Africa Help Uganda (AAH-U), a non-profit making agency that implements health and development projects in Uganda, seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative development leaders for its United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) funded programmes in the Districts of Hoima (Kyangwali Refugee Settlement), Adjumani District and Kampala for the following vacancy:
Job Title: Auto Electrician
Reports to: Workshop Supervisor
Liaises with: Mechanical Workshop staff, Generator Technician, Electricians, Parts Manager
Duty Station: Adjumani
Job Summary: To carry out routine electrical works including vehicle preparation and the fitting of electronics equipment to standard defined by the Motor Vehicle user manuals in accordance with AAH Uganda and Donor guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out wiring and installations, servicing, repairing and maintenance of diesel and petrol driven generators ranging from 4KVA to 400 KVA units or higher in accordance with manufacturer and machine service schedules.
- Repair, maintain generators and electrical accessories. Overhaul and repairs of electrical accessories on engines and other mechanical component.
- Write and collate all records of maintenance and repair carried out on each job task for easy verifications and reference in accordance with performance management and donor guidelines.
- Prepare a list of items for preventive maintenance and electrical installation and submit to superior for follow up in accordance with agreed work plans and budgets.
- Maintain proper use of tools, equipment and proper safe keeping and orderliness of the working area to avoid risk that may cause injury to himself as well as the others in accordance with good working practices and AAH health and safety guidelines.
- Carry out motor rewinding of generators, alternators, household appliances and use of correct sizes/gauges/thickness of wires required for the task.
- Perform maintenance of office/residence household appliances/equipment such as; heaters, air cooler, pumps, refrigerators, washing machines, dryers, fans, air-conditioning and others.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time as requested by your supervisor.
- Diploma in Electrical engineering.
- License from the Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) to carry out domestic and industrial wiring (Trade Test)
- At least 1- 3 years’ work experience in a comparable position
- Computer literacy / data processing (Word, Excel, Access)
- English read / written / Spoken
- Understanding of schematic diagrams and lay out of all electrical aspects of generator installation,
Skills and Competencies
- Ideally, a knowledge of spoken/written language widely used in the country
- Sensitivity in handling and disposing of documents which may be important
- Reliable and good organisational skills.
- Ability to train subordinates and students in Electrical practices
Contract Duration: 12 months (Renewable subject to availability of funds and positive appraisal)
How to Apply:
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their applications (together with an updated CV) with at least three suitable referees with their telephone contacts, by email only to;
Senior Human Resource & Administration Officer,
Action Africa Help Uganda;
Plot 72 Ntinda Road, P O Box 10501,
Please indicate the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Detailed Job Descriptions of the roles can be viewed through the company website: www.actionafricahelp.org/jobs
Deadline for receiving the applications is: 13/03/2017.