Action Africa Help International (AAH-I)
Job Opening: Human Resource Assistant, Somalia / Somaliland
About Action Africa Help International: Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an African-led, regional organisation, working in Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Uganda, and Zambia with Board approval to expand to Ethiopia, Rwanda, Tanzania and Burundi.
It brings over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people, host communities and communities in urban slums.
The Human Resource Assistant will support in day to day administrative HR tasks for AAH-I Somalia / Somaliland.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Human Resource management or a Social Sciences/Business Studies with a diploma in human resources management is required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar role is required.
- Knowledge of Somaliland/Somalia labor relations is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of administrative activities within the HR function.
- Experience of working with people at all levels and providing advice/guidance on general HR issues.
- Experience of operating computerised database and management information systems.
- Excellent administrative and organisation skills, with the ability work in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrable interest in HR.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, be proactive and offer a solution-oriented approach.
- Determined and committed to high quality standards.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure.
- Self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Previous experience of using a HRIS system, including the inputting and extraction of data
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 15th March, 2017.
The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted.