Action Africa Help Uganda (AAH-U), a non-profit making agency that implements health and development projects in Uganda, seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative development leaders for its United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) funded programmes in the Districts of Hoima (Kyangwali Refugee Settlement), Adjumani District and Kampala for the following vacancy:
Job Title: Assistant Project Officer – Education
Reports to: Education Coordinator
Liaises with: Project Coordinators, Programme Officer, Finance Officer, Area Manager, Ministry of Education officials, District Education focal persons
Duty Station: Kyangwali
Job Summary: To provide project support and maintenance of accurate records to ensure effective and efficient completion of assigned projects and tasks in line with Project, donor and AAH guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and clerical support, including records management, for the education project, school-based interventions and other relevant documentation.
- In collaboration with the Education Coordinator, liaise with other agencies, registered training organisations, public and private educational institutions, and government agencies for documenting best practice.
- Prepare reports, presentations and correspondence including briefing notes and promotional materials for the Education project.
- Undertake financial management tasks including processing payments and preparing reports and monitoring expenditure against project budget lines.
- Undertake projects as directed by the Project Officer.
- Organise and schedule forums and seminars for both internal and external stakeholders including invitations, booking of venues and associated tasks.
- Support the PO-Education in producing and submitting periodic project reports.
- Support the baseline survey for the Education projects.
- Conduct capacity building for schools and Ministry staff as needed in line with AAH and donor guidelines and Ministry capacity building plans.
- Monitor Education program activities implemented through collection mid-year and end-of-year reporting requirements in line with AAH donor and government reporting protocols.
- Perform any other duties as may be delegated from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- A Higher Diploma in Education, Adult Literacy or a related field from a recognized institution
- At least 2 years’ experience in similar or higher position.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Patient, understanding and of a pleasant character
- Computer literate with ability to use Microsoft Office
- Ability to mobilize different audiences
- Commitment to the organizational values
Contract Duration: 12 months (Renewable subject to availability of funds and positive appraisal)
How to Apply:
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their applications (together with an updated CV) with at least three suitable referees with their telephone contacts, by email only to;
Senior Human Resource & Administration Officer,
Action Africa Help Uganda;
Plot 72 Ntinda Road, P O Box 10501,
Please indicate the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Detailed Job Descriptions of the roles can be viewed through the company website: www.actionafricahelp.org/jobs
Deadline for receiving the applications is: 13/03/2017.