Job Title: Accountant
Reports To: Finance Manager
Job Purpose: The Job holder is responsible for Management of Company Assets mainly Cash, Fixed Assets, Samples and Staff Claims.
The job holder will Manage Treasury to ensure adequate cash flow and cash mix decisions, review and process staff claims and manage Fixed Assets & Sample Management to ensure Company assets are recorded correctly and accurately.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Treasury Management & Bank Reconciliation (% of Time: 40%)
- To prepare weekly bank reconciliations.
- To ensure sound and adequate cash flow balance.
- To prepare Weekly cash flow projection.
- To prepare approval and payment for forex deals.
- To prepare cash flow reports and related documentation.
Asset Management (% of Time: 40%)
- To prepare annual asset planning and projection.
- To oversee the approval and procurement of company assets.
- To Maintain Asset register and Asset Master.
- To Maintain sample register and sample Master.
- To Facilitate in ensuring the safeguarding of company assets.
General Ledger Expense Management (% of Time: 20%)
- To ensure that expenses are posted to the correct general ledgers.
- To check the accuracy and validity of all employee claims and reimbursements.
- To Check and ensure that expenses are captured in the correct cost centres.
- To Oversee timely posting of all expense and monitor and report any delayed expenses.
- Prepare supplier payments/On time settlement/’Settlement process-7 days payment from approval date
- Reconcile vendor payable accounts/investigate and resolve problems associated with invoice processing
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions (Parts operation, Warranty, Expat staff accounts)
- Input invoices into SAP accurately ensuring conformity to standard procedures/Timely posting of supplier invoices
Month End Closing
- Actively participate in month end closing-capture all expenses for the relevant period, consolidate items to monitor open item count, pass necessary journals to clear accounts, Month end accruals as well as staff recovery entries
- Timely submission of DC&P, FSCS and open item report expenses.
- To prepare monthly reports on posting and settlement of expense
- To prepare weekly reports on cash flow forecasting and management.
- To prepare reports on aging of overdue payments and other open items.
Finance Budgeting and Planning
- To Facilitate in preparation of financial budgeting and planning for various branches.
- To Facilitate in the transfer of funds to various branches.
- AP Accountants
Customers of this Position:
- All Staff
- Finance Manager
- AP Accountant
- Branch Accountants
- HQ & Europe Treasury
Competencies required for this Role
- Drive for Results- Manager of individuals
- Creative intelligence- Manager of individuals
- Navigating organizations- Manager of individuals
- Building Best teams- Manager of individuals
- Inspiring others- Manager of Individuals
Knowledge; Skills and Experience required for this Role
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Finance or Accounting role
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Business related course/CPA holder
- Ability to operate under a high pressure environment
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Willing to work additional hours depending on workload
Qualified candidates to send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted persons will be contacted