Position: Accounts Assistant – Accounts payables
Starting Date: Immediately
Salary: Ksh 25,000 – 30,000
We are urgently looking for young and innovative individual with a passion and interest in finance and accounting background to fill in Accounts Assistant position.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and at least CPA Part 2 or any Business related course from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in both computer applications and accounting packages such QuickBooks, and excel
- Knowledge in using Tally system will be an added advantage
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a busy accounting environment preferably private sector
- Be aged between 24 – 28 years
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing of financial reports
- Reconcile allocated payable accounts by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Preparing cheques, resolving purchase orders, invoices, or payment discrepancies and documentation
- Ensuring credit note is received where applicable
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies suppliers’ accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Bank reconciliation
- Filling VAT returns through I-TAX
- Improving on Internal Control Systems (ICS)
- Ensure compliance with International Accounting System (IAS) and International Financial Reporting
- Standards (IFRS)
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time