Sustainable Management Services
Job Advertisement: Dairy Extension Officer
Located in Thika, Sustainable Management Services Ltd is a leading Agri-Business services provider offering a wide range of Agri-Business solutions to our stakeholder’s all over the country.
We pride ourselves in providing sustainable agricultural practices and solutions that focus on improving farm productivity and product quality for better returns for our clients
Applications are invited for the position of Dairy Extension Officer
Overall Job Purpose: Promotion of the dairy value chain among the coffee producers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Formation of Dairy Common Interest Groups (CIGs).
- Sensitization of the coffee cooperative society’s management boards on dairy activities.
- Conduct dairy training to promoter farmers and CIG members including exchange visits/tours on demand basis.
- Supervise dairy activities by promoter farmers.
- Establish and manage fodder demonstration farms.
- Conduct practical fodder conservation training sessions.
- Facilitate linkages with service provider enterprises (SPEs) for silage making on demand basis.
- Manage stakeholder collaboration and strategic partnerships in the dairy value chain in programme area e.g. input supply, service provision and milk markets.
- Facilities CIGs and farmers to access artificial insemination services and report date.
- Regular periodic reporting – submission of monthly activity reports and milk production and AI data