Job Title: Farm Manager – Animal Production
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Our client is a well established pig production farm in Kinangop.
They are looking to recruit an experienced Farm Manager to be based in Kinangop who will be in charge of the production processes as well as general management.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Ensure animal products are ready for deadlines, such as auctions and markets
- Ensure that farm activities comply with government regulations
- Monitor animal health and welfare, including liaising with vets
- Maintaining a knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them
- Ensure health and safety standards across the farm estate are followed
- Arranging the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
- Ensuring productive and engaged production team by employing suitable and acceptable human resources practices
- To ensure attainment of plans that support strategic direction by developing, implementing and evaluation of the business plans, operating budgets and strategic plans from time to time
- To safeguard both company’s physical and intangible assets by instituting proper internal control systems and procedures
- To ensure the Directors are informed on the animals performance through provision of quality periodic reports
- To ensure proper management of the company’s projects through carrying out their monitoring and evaluation
- Budgeting and maintaining accurate financial records
- Carry out any other roles assigned by the Management from time to time
- Diploma in Agriculture/Animal production
- At least 5 years experience in a busy pig production establishment
- Analytical with attention to detail
- Good organizational, communication, inter-personal, cross-culture and team skills
- Well developed problem solving and decision making skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Farm Manager-Animal Production) to email@example.com before Tuesday 7th March 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.