Duma Works is recruiting an Assistant Bursar for one of our clients.
The client offers the highest levels of quality-assured higher education.
Job Summary: To be responsible for the efficient and effective organization and operation of all functions of the billing, collection, deposit, disbursement and record maintenance of student and other related monies at the College.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Billing and collection of fees on timely manner.
- Receiving all fees and providing a proper receipt.
- Carry out banking, bank reconciliation and update all the ledgers on daily basis.
- Management of petty cash.
- Ensuring statutory deductions and all taxes are paid on time.
- Monitoring expenditures versus budget set and explain any discrepancies.
- Assist in the preparation of the payroll.
- Assist in the preparation of audit documents for the external auditor.
- Assist in preparation of monthly budgets
- Assist in generating financial statements – income statements, trial balances and balance sheet.
- Maintaining the office files and relevant documents including the filing of financial documents.
- Carry out monthly stock take for stationeries and office supplies.
- Prepare as needed weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and analyses.
- Deal directly with students or others to resolve all problems and complaints concerning student accounts.
- When required, assume full responsibility of the department in the absence of the Bursar.
- Manage junior level staffs.
- A minimum of a CPA Part I and a first degree, preferably with specialization in Accounting or Business Administration.
- At least 1 years of experience dealing with the collection and disbursement of funds required, preferably in a college setting.
- Must be a self starter with the ability to organize and coordinate large workloads in a timely and effective manner.
- Must have strong inter-personal skills.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “2752”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2752 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 30 March 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.