Job Title: Assistant Manager Plant Engineer
Job Purpose: To assist in managing the maintenance of plant and equipments, to significantly improve plant performance and reliability through the management and coordination of all maintenance and engineering activities within a large scale, complex, defined area.
To assist the plant engineer manager in defining, implementing and managing a risk based maintenance strategy for area of control in order to meet the business, safety, environmental, financial and operations objectives at minimum cost and in the safest manner.
- Assist in managing, coordinating and control all aspects of engineering in order to meet agreed departmental objectives.
- Assist in developing the maintenance strategy for a defined area in conjunction with the plant engineer manager.
- Manage and control the maintenance strategy on a day to day basis, including routine, special and stop period maintenance and to develop and implement capital activities.
- Ensure control of hazards, health & safety and environmental standards and targets are met and maintained within defined company procedures and legislative requirements.
- Identify areas for engineering and financial improvement and enable their inception whilst maintaining an appropriate level of availability and reliability of equipment.
- Ensure the safe and effective introduction of new equipment, capital expenditure and process improvement technologies.
- Determine training requirements and prepare training plans
- Assist in preparing and managing engineering budgets, forecasts and plans.
- Undertake any other reasonable task as required by the plant Engineer manager.
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree with ideally a minimum of 8 years’ experience in process, technical or engineering discipline. 6 years must have been in a managerial role.
- Must have worked in dairy or beverages industry
- Requires an expert understanding of maintenance and engineering processes and strategies
- Requires knowledge and understanding of OSHA and the requirements of a top tier site
- Must demonstrate previous success in introducing risk based maintenance techniques into industrial / manufacturing organizations
- Must be familiar with computerized maintenance management systems and working knowledge of SAP ERP would be an added advantage
- Professionally chartered engineer, with significant experience in risk based maintenance engineering and people management.
If qualified kindly send your application letter and CV to email@example.com clearly indicating ‘Assistant Plant Engineer’ by 24th March, 2017.
Do not attach any certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted