Save the Children Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office is looking to recruit for the following position:
Job Title: Awards (Grants) Management Intern
Team / Programme: Regional Awards Management
Location: East and Southern Africa Regional Office – Nairobi
Type of Contract: National
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
About us: For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision in a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity.
We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity.
Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Role Purpose: To provide administrative and operational support to ESARO Awards team in information management, coordination and dissemination across the departments, country office and members.
Scope of Role:
Reports to: Head of Award Management
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 12 countries in East Southern Africa (Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Rwanda, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi and Ethiopia) with a current staff complement of approximately 3500 staff and current expenditure of approximately $290 million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Key Areas of Development:
Regional Office Awards office administrative and operational support
- Schedule and keep track of country office (CO) monthly and quarterly engagement calls
- Share the agenda of the calls with the country office awards leads
- Support in compiling member and CO call actions and share the minutes with Regional Awards management officer
- Take lead in arranging meetings by coordinating with admin to secure venue and set necessary IT material.
Processes and Systems
- Ensure ESARO programme awards actions are shared and updated with other departments including finance, Operations, Programme Quality Development and provide feedback to Awards management officer for follow up.
- Support in compiling monthly awards reports and share with Regional Awards Analyst for analysis.
- As on a needs basis update documents and emails to awards management system records.
Filling and documentation
- Maintain awards shared drive and keep them up to date.
Perform any other related tasks as may be assigned by Head of Awards Management on needs basis or as part of skills development.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellent judgement
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents