This positions role is to drive brand performance, grow brand equity and share by activating distinctive consumer insights. The Brand Manager supports the brand teams pursuit of insights that enable the team to know its consumer deeply and create engaging brand experiences and leads in setting the brand consumer communications and innovation strategies.
The Brand Manager is responsible for leadership and execution of projects related to the brands communications and innovation plans as defined by the Marketing Manager. This role interacts with agency partners in support of communications strategy, planning and implementation.
The role also supports a brands communication and innovation activities by collaborating with sales, shopper marketing, operations, product development and finance on various demand generating initiatives.
- Use consumer and marketplace data and trends to support developing a deeper understanding of the demographics, psychographics, and behavioral drivers of the brands consumer or a particular consumer segment.
- Manage brand projects and assignments in a way that demonstrates an understanding of key consumer insights and an ability to activate them in relevant communications and innovation activities.
- Support the brands need to identify and understand what the brand stands for in the hearts and minds of consumers including brand identity, essence, vision, mission and core values to drive relevant communications and innovation.
- Leverage data, trends and support from other Managers, Shoppers, Marketing and Market Research to help build a robust and actionable learning plan to address knowledge gaps in consumer, brand, product, business and marketplace learnings.
- Manage consumer communications projects that develop a creative territory that brings the brand to life and enables effective consumer communication.
- Assist in identifying optimal engagement strategy and campaign structure to reach consumers when and where they are most receptive.
- Lead initiatives in the communication plan around specific touchpoints or consumer targets including agency and cross-functional team management, strategy, planning, execution and results measurement.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage projects on time and on budget as well and demonstrate decision-making abilities around investment alternatives that mitigate risk and maximize return.
- Identify opportunities and lead initiatives that activate the brands value proposition in communications
Innovation & Renovation
- Leverage consumer, shopper and marketplace data to support defining a brands short-term and long-term innovation strategy. In collaboration with cross-functional and external experts, lead innovation projects in support of the brands innovation strategy such as new idea generation and validation, commercialization strategies and plans and channel- or customer-specific opportunities.
- Identify innovation and renovation opportunities and lead initiatives in support of the brands value proposition
- Leverages brand, consumer and marketplace data and trends to support Manager in developing an annual plan to closely align the efforts of Marketing and Sales to generate optimal demand for the brand
- Prepare, present and sell-in aspects of the brand plan to management, cross-functional partners and external stakeholders.
- Assist in creating the annual brand communications plan including recommended touch point plan, activation/implementation plan, stewardship and measurement
- Support Management in implementing long term consumer centric brand plan to drive and/or sustain long-term brand health including equity, awareness and engagement.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and over 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Good sales and marketing skills and ability to communicate clearly and courteously;
- Ability to handle sales and marketing related pressure;
- Sales and marketing experience in FMCG or busy high turnover organization of at least 2 years;
- Outgoing, pleasant and easy to get along with person;
- Diploma in Marketing or other relevant management field will be an added advantage;
- A mature person aged above 25 years with a self-driven disposition and high levels of responsibility;
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels;
- Good team player skills as well as the ability to communicate clearly and courteously to all internal and external stakeholders;
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills;
Self-driven and able to work independently with minimum supervision;
If interested and possess the desired qualifications and experience, apply in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clearly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line, current and expected salary. Deadline for applications is Friday 17th March 2017