Catholic Hospital Wamba is a third tier mission hospital in Wamba, Samburu County.
Our mission is to live the healing mission of Christ within Samburu County and beyond.
CHW was begun in 1969 and is managed by the catholic diocese of Maralal.
The Catholic Diocese of Maralal is looking for an experienced, result and self-oriented professional to fill in the following post:
Position: Human Resource and Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Hospital Administrator
Duty Station: Wamba Hospital
Job Purpose: The job holder will provide a frame work for implementation of HR policies and a comprehensive administrative support to day-to-day operations of human resources and administration.
The Human Resource and Administrative Assistant will liaise closely with Diocesan Human Resources Officer, finance and accounts department and other departments throughout the organization in providing an effective HR support service to the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities;
- Prepare and update employees’ files and records to meet regulations required.
- Manage leave schedule and ensure employees proceed for leave.
- Initiate, process, monitor, review and follow up on actions related to administration of human resource activities e.g. talent search an selection, training and development, performance appraisals and separation in relation to organization HR policies and procedures,
- Interpret and implement HR and administrative policies and procedures.
- Manage payroll and maintain accurate payroll records.
- Administer and monitor new hire orientation and induction programs.
- Participate in various committees.
- Identify and report issues/ problems as they arise and recommend appropriate action.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reports are in compliance.
- Keep up current issues and matters in the organization related to HR department.
- Manage sensitive and confidential matters like employee relations, organizational changes, planning and protecting the security of information, data and files.
- Exercise individual judgment while dealing with potential or real troubles on own initiative and bringing them to administrator’s attention.
- Providing general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms and reports, arranging meetings, composing regular correspondence, processing confidential reports and documents, filing electronic and hard copy, tracking deadlines, and taking down minutes as needed.
- Maintain contact list and details of all stakeholders.
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory of same.