Club General Manager
The Mombasa Club is one of the premier private members club in Kenya. It was found in 1986. The club offers exceptional conferencing, swimming, library, accommodation with outstanding hotel services for its members.
The club is situated in the middle of the Old Town, well known for its ancient buildings and narrow streets. It is adjacent to an imposing old fortress, the majestic Fort Jesus.
General Manager He/She shall report to the Board of Directors through the Chairman. The Officer shall be Secretary to the Board. The General Manager shall be expected to run the club in the most professional manner. He/She shall implement the Clubs strategic plan and direct all operational activities.
- Required to turn around a strategic business unit through creative and innovative use of modern Business
- Management Skills and framework.
- Should draw a comprehensive Club budget while strictly adhering to budgetary lines.
- Demonstrate evidence of success in a competitive commercial organization.
- Manage all the Clubs internal and external markets enhance the clubs financial base and reputation.
Key Result Areas
- With Committee input, develop annual business plans and 5 year growth strategies.
- Development, implementation and monitoring adherence to club policies and written procedures.
- Development of a club marketing and development program.
- Risk analysis and develop a club risk management plan.
- Responsible for efficient stock ordering, maintaining cost effective stock levels with regular stock-takes.
- Establish pricing policies for liquor, food and functions.
- Ensure operations meet Health and Safety regulations .
- Ensure appropriate standards of cleanliness and presentation throughout the club.
- Represent the club at industry forums, local council meetings, gaming meetings.
- Staff recruitment, induction, training, rostering, performance management and termination.
- Preparation of monthly and annual management reports.
- Maintain and evaluate the clubs IT systems.
- Negotiate and manage supplier contracts.
- Ensure the security and protection of the club’s facilities and assets.
- Coordinate and supervise provision of customer service including order taking, general waiting duties and customer queries.
- At least Five Years’ experience in a similar position.
- University degree in Hospitality from a recognized University. A degree Master of Business Administration will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Demonstrate excellent computer skills and presentations.
- Gentle, amiable and capable of infusing confidence among staff, members and external customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a person of high integrity.
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 24th March 2017 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com clearly marking –The position on the subject line
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
THE MOMBASA CLUB is an Equal opportunity employer.