Our client, a local commercial bank, is currently seeking to fill the positions of Credit Officers to be based in various branches.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the job holder will provide a consistently high quality service to customers.
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management for approval.
- Preparation and maintenance of records and valuables by ensuring that all the documents are filed and kept in a systematic manner for easier tracking & retrieval.
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants’ credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar post or any related environment will be required
- Must be mature individual
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting / Banking / Co-operative Management, or any relevant qualifications in Business field.
- Any relevant professional qualification added advantage
- Have strong communication and team building skills with ability to work with diverse teams.
- Good understanding of prudential guidelines.
- A good team player with a desirable customer handling skills.
How to Apply
If you meet the above minimum requirements, please email your application, current CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on 30th March 2017 quoting the job title: Credit Officer on the subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.