Our client, a local commercial bank, is currently seeking to fill the positions of Bank Tellers to be based in various branches.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the job holder will provide a day to day over the counter transaction service to bank customers.
- Maintain the authorized cash limit for the cashier.
- Ensure daily reconciliation of cash book system.
- Ensure daily reports are captioned as per schedule of reports
- Prompt reporting to operations supervisor on cash limits and timely evacuation of excess cash.
- Ensure cash security is adhered to.
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries.
- Providing feedback to improve the efficiency of the customer service process
- Attend to cheques and withdrawals in all accepted currencies according to laid-down procedures.
- Attend to change transactions.
- Accept cheque and/or cash deposits in all accepted currencies, according to laid-down procedures.
- Ensure that cheques included in deposits are checked in terms of Duty of Care obligations.
- Ensure that all items cashed are within laid-down limits and refer all transactions exceeding limits to the appropriate area for authorization.
- Ensure that items cashed are technically correct and signed, according to laid-down instructions.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar post.
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting / Banking / Co-operative Management, or any relevant qualifications in Business field.
- Any relevant professional qualification added advantage.
- Have strong communication and team building skills with ability to work with diverse teams.
- Good understanding of prudential guidelines.
How to Apply
If you meet the above minimum requirements, please email your application, current CV and cover letter to email@example.com on or before close of business on 30th March 2017 quoting the job title: Teller on the subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.