Job Title: Procurement Manager – Construction
Salary 70k – 90k
Our client is a fully Kenyan owned Building and Civil Engineering Company with a portfolio of prestigious construction projects across East and Central Africa.
They seek to employee a Procurement Manager who will source for products and review existing items to ensure products remain competitive, maximize profits and provide a commercially viable range of merchandise at competitive prices.
- Responsible for supplier and contract negotiations which involve understanding and knowledge of commercials and competitive pricing for packages related construction
- Developing strong relationships with internal stakeholders, understanding their needs and consulting with them to build quality procurement strategies aligned to business requirements
- Manage and develop strong relationships with key vendors and suppliers, dealing with any potential issues and concerns, and attending regular meetings to ensure open communication
- Prepare Requests for Proposals and coordinate proposal and selection process
- Provide price comparison and validation
- Perform cost and services negotiations with vendors.
- Prepare design and construction vendor agreements (including master services agreements and notices to proceed).
- Manage template design and construction services contracts.
- Drive initiatives for new project delivery methods to improve overall cost of design and construction efforts.
- Develop a design and construction vendor qualification process.
- Drive process development and improvement to address growing business needs and incorporate lessons learned.
- Ensure cross-functional project teams are staying on track to meet deadlines.
- Develop and drive strategic goals while also completing tactical, working level tasks as required.
Ability to develop and maintain a procurement system that monitors inflow and outflow of materials in the
- Bachelor’s degree in Supplies and purchasing.
- 5 years direct work experience in purchasing or procurement in the construction Industry.
- Cost estimating experience a plus.
- Proven success working on cross-functional projects, completing cost models, and negotiating.
- Technical background knowledge in construction is a plus.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Procurement Manager- Construction) to email@example.com before Friday 24th March 2017.