Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About Us: Our company is part of Jumia Group, a global and leading incubator of startups specialized in e-commerce.
Jumia is the leading internet group of Africa with already over 3,000 employees in 26 African countries.
It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by Axa, Orange, MTN and Rocket Internet.
Job Description: Impact on business; make complex materials/procedures simple, personable, intuitive and fun to communicate & understand.
- Creating original, creative content – with an educational perspective- across multiple channels in long and short formats. These include, but not limited to, customer facing training material on the site (think super clean and focused “guides”), engagement emails (think messages that encourage you to take action), push notifications (think notes that arises curiousity), SoMe messages (think communication that creates a buzz) and articles for content marketing (think highlighting exciting side of the platform)
- Loving peer-to-peer economy, social media, design and all things creative and online
- Understanding users and what motivates them online
- Monitoring effectiveness of new and existing content and taking lead on coming up with solutions to improve strategy
- Communicating flawlessly both in verbal and written mediums with impeccable spelling and grammar.
- Working effectively without close supervision and take lead of a project
- Ensuring every content reflects our brands
- Supporting the SEO team with optimization of content assets and other related initiatives
- Role is a local-central role – meaning responsibilities will be continent wide.
- A successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism/Communication, Advertisement or similar
- 1-2 years’ experience of digital marketing/content writing is a plus point
- Excellent written skills in English
- Creative mind
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a dynamic and fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to analyze data sets to make strategic decisions.
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations.
How to Apply:
If your profile meets the requirements, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Content Developer – Jumia Market” as the email subject. Give details of your expected salary in this position on the body of your application email.
Application deadline: 7th March 2017 COB.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.