CORAT Africa is a Pan African Christian Organization based in Nairobi.
It is involved in provision of leadership development, management training, consultancy and research services to churches and church-related organizations in Africa.
CORAT Africa seeks to recruit on behalf of one of its clients a highly-motivated Director of Mission Advancement.
The position reports to the Regional Superior, Kenya Region.
The client is a Catholic Organization with projects in a number of counties in Kenya.
Required Training and Skills
- Bachelors and Masters degree in Development Studies or Business Administration or Strategic Management from a recognized university
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising and development work
- Demonstrated competence in strategic management, fundraising, public relations, marketing and donor relations
- Well developed hands on skills in project development and management with demonstrated success and increased responsibility
- Ability to prepare, monitor and evaluate projects
- Ability to develop an annual plan of activities and an annual budget
- Excellent skills and experience in research, project proposal and/or grant writing, and project narrative report writing for overseas and local donors.
- Effective supervision and/or leadership skills with a minimum of 5 years hands-on work experience in a busy programmes office, and in a similar position preferably in multi-donor funded programmes.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to train, motivate, and supervise teams
- Knowledge of non-profit, voluntary and social service sector
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be fully conversant with word processing and database management
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Fluency in English, Kiswahili and one or more local languages
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the leadership to determine development priorities, which support Catholic values, mission, and general objectives
- Coordinate advancement efforts with the US Development Director
- Assist in the short-term and long-term strategic and operational planning
- Coordinate efforts to reduce reliance on external subsidies to achieve long-term financial sustainability
- Educate and train members of the Region of Kenya with whom they will work regarding development and poverty alleviation
- Direct, plan, and coordinate the work of priests, brothers, and parish staff regarding the implementation of designated programmes for the poor in Catholic parishes
- Evaluate needs of the poor in the places where the organization works in order to create effective programming for the poor
- Work towards the sustainability of all projects by defining the objectives, life span, and future sources of funding for programmes
- Encourage and support efforts to collaborate with local governmental organizations and international NGO’s to access available funding
- Write funding applications to foundations, corporate, and government entities in order to support members in this work
- Ensure accountability and transparency for the use of donations and grants for our projects in compliance with all laws, regulations, set ethical standards and codes for professional conduct
- Monitor and evaluate projects
- To participate in the creation of an advisory board of local professionals for the Office of Mission Advancement comprised of key personnel and volunteers
- Initiate resource development planning including goal setting, strategy identification, benchmarking, and evaluation
- Manage the budget for the Office of Mission Advancement
- Build a donor database and devise ways to expand the database
- Conduct major donor visits and/or solicitations
- Plan, organize, and execute special events to acquire and recognize donors
- Establish and manage online giving campaigns
- Engage local and international volunteers in the work
- Prepare case statements and print materials
- Provide financial summaries, photos, and testimonials to the US Development Office
- Enter and track all gifts and tax reporting via development software
- Travel when necessary to meet donors, staff, and, collaborators
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their on-line applications enclosing a detailed C.V. with contact addresses, email and telephone contacts for three references.
Please indicate your current and expected salary and also your current employer sent to the address here below.
Submit your application no later than 31st March 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Recruitment CORAT Africa
P.O. Box 42493 – 00100