Credit Control Accountant
Reporting to: Head of Credit Control
He/she will perform debtors’ reconciliation and engage customers for collection of debts. The individual will also deal with resolution of account queries, raising sale invoices and issuing credit notes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform debtors’ follow-up via emails, telephone and visits & ensure set monthly collection targets are achieved. Ensure that dunning actions (disconnections, reconnections and cessations actions are adhered for all assigned list of customers)
- Perform various debtors’ reconciliations to ensure balance outstanding is well supported and acknowledged by customers through sign off.
- Undertake timely resolution of disputes raised by customers, ensure that all disputed amounts are fully supported and where credit notes are to be issued ensure they are timely processed through the system.
- Negotiate with customers’ debt settlement plan and payment proposals, evaluate and track their commitments to settle debts.
- Follow up customers for timely submission of payment/VAT allocation schedules for receipting of payments.
- Ensure bad debts are well reconciled before hand over to private debt collectors (PDC’s). Recommend and track debt recovery through legal process.
- Participate in preparation of proposed bad debts write off for approval by management. Prepare monthly provisions for bad debts.
- Participate in vetting of customers applications to minimize credit risks; ensuring compliance to various vetting requirements and advising key account managers and customers where requirements have not been met.
- Participate in the preparation of various monthly debtors’ reports.
- Participate in continuous improvement of credit control processes and undertake other credit control assignments as directed by Head of Credit Control.
Academic/ Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Finance.
- Qualified Accountant CPA(K) or similar qualification
- At least one field operational experience in one of the following domain: IT, Fraud/Audit/Controls, Customer Management
- Project management experience
- Above Average Knowledge of MS Office suite and accounting applications
- Experience in telecommunication industry is an added advantage