Job Title: Customer Support Services Manager
Department: Service Delivery
Reports to: Service Delivery Manager – Nairobi
Work Status: 8:00am – 5:00pm & 24/7 on Call. Office Based. Occasional travel to customer premises
Direct Reports: Service Engineers; On-Site and Change and Implementation Engineers; Technical Service Managers
Endorsed by: Chief Technical Officer
Key sections for Customer Service and Support
- 1st level team
- 2nd level team
- Field Support Team
- Platinum Support Team
Customer Service and Support – 1st Level
- Design and implementation of 1st level support team and work plans
- Identification of resources for 1st level support
Platinum Support Team
- Documentation of KPIs and deliverables for the team
- Identification of support required for the unit to deliver against set KPIs
- Clear, fair and justified assignments of customers to each Technical Support Manager (TSM), in liaison with the Commercial Team
Customer Service and Contractor SLA Management
- Identify the required resources needed for service delivery, support and management
- Communicate the needed resources and implications to other teams and management
- Ensure that customer support services are delivered and managed as per the specifications
- Communicate necessary changes if any to the customer and other departments.
- Identify the service contractors needed for service delivery and management
- Agree on the technical scope of the contractors in service management
- Implement the contract as per the scope ensuring contractors reports are aligned with the contract scope.
Escalation and Crisis Management
- Receive technical faults, conditions of works problems, escalations from the Engineers.
- Evaluate the escalated problems to identify the root cause.
- Discuss with the CTO the escalated problem and possible solutions and have solutions implemented through the HR office.
- Handle escalations with cross functional departments like Planning, Build, Projects, Administration, Commercial, Finance and Legal Heads.
- Receive faults and any other form of escalations from Customers.
- Evaluate the escalated problems and offer customer expectation management to the customer while having the problem resolved.
- Receive and act on escalations from commercial and finance department
- Resolve the problem either through direct intervention or managing the person and/or engineer resolving the problem till the fault is resolved.
- Provide customer expectation management feedback to the customer.
- Follow up on escalated cases with unsatisfied customers to ensure that their issues are resolved and that the customer is satisfied
- Analyze and Identify cases which need to be escalated to the CTO, CCO, CFO and CEO and those which need them to be notified.
- Escalate and notify the CTO, CCO, CFO and CEO as is appropriate with recommended actions and/or resolutions to the case.
Management of the Service Assurance Engineers
- Identify human resource need for the Customer Service and Support Department
- Place the Engineers to their areas of maximum productivity within the department
- Recommendations for Engineers recruitment and deployment within the department
- Discuss and have the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) approve needed resource adjustments including Engineers recruitment, mileage and phone bills allowances etc • Ensure that the adjustments are implemented by the HR office.
- Ensure strategic skills management by proper skill allocation.
- Resolve service engineers issues and act as the teams advocate when dealing with other departments and HR Strategic Departmental Management
- Ensure that departmental objectives and KPIs are aligned with the overall company
strategic vision, mission and objectives
- Ensure the department processes and procedures are aligned to other departments and work seamlessly towards the overall objective of the company.
- Develop Service quality calibration and validation and ensure the same are implemented to all customers
- Allocate Service engineers to strategic roles like Technical Service Management and Service review management Work with other managers to ensure operational consistency
Constant Service and network Improvement plans
- Highlight operational deficiencies in terms of resources, skills and tools needed by the service engineers
- Recommend tools, trainings, structures, processes, reporting and engineer participation needed for improvement
- Implement with HR after CTO approval the improvement recommendations
- Build relationships with finance, commercial, heads of key customers, partners, contractors and other departments
- Identify the operational expenses the Engineers in the department incur
- Recommend and have the CTO approve the proposed and justified expenses to be incurred by the department
- Ensure HR and Finance departments implement the agreed OPEX
- Constantly review the OPEX and ensure implementation in a way that leads to margin optimization through cost minimization and profit maximization.
- Set standard communication format to customers
- Ensure that customers get communication in standard and format that is sensible and expectation friendly
- Communicate to the department staff information originating from top management and to top management feedback from departmental staff.
Advise to Management
- Review with CCO the commercial aspects in regards to existing customer services
- Review with CFO the financial impact of services being delivered and being managed
- Review with CTO and HR the departments appraisal results and recommendations in regards to promotions, trainings, salary reviews and staff
- Identify training needs for the service engineers
- Recommend and have the engineers trained accordingly
- Ensure the engineers are placed in roles relevant with their trainings
Qualified persons to apply at email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted