De La Rue
Job title: Process Improvement Leader
Reporting to: Process Manager
Business unit: Delivery
Role status: Permanent
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To act as a role model, advising on and encouraging Continuous Improvement within the business.
- Review and improve work flows in different departments across the business
- Assess processes and where applicable recommend improvements including through the set up of SOPs, 6S and other lean manufacturing tools
- Lead continuous improvement programme, championing and implementing best practice throughout company operations.
- Facilitate, train and support CI initiatives also through training multidisciplinary improvement teams
- Identify redundant processes that compromise quality output
- Encouraging employee ownership and involvement in continuous improvement projects.
- Be the site knowledge repository of Manufacturing KPIs (OEE, Yield and OTIF)
- Use relevant KPI’s to install best practice and drive initiatives to enable delivery of targets
- Facilitate implementation of site Operational Excellence Roadmap by carrying out internal site OpEx audits, developing gap analysis and tracking action closure throughout company operations.
- Manage the site Work Place Organization (WPO) programme
- Preparing financial analysis on costs and benefits of implementing proposed changes
- Preparing periodic reports to management on various projects being undertaken
Qualifications and Experience:
- A university degree and professional qualification in related field.
- Be familiar with process improvement techniques ideally with application of six sigma and lean methodology.(Six Sigma Green Belt certified highly desirable).
- Experienced change agent, able to influence at all levels.
- Experienced in the effective deployment of Lean manufacturing tools – specifically VSM, 5S, Set Up Reduction (SMED), Pull Systems, Error Proofing, TPM.
- Experienced and capable of training and coaching individuals and teams in the use of Lean and process improvement tools and techniques.
- Experience from within a complex manufacturing environment
Date of posting: 23.03.17
Closing date for applications: 06.04.17
Email address for applications:
Submit a CV and covering email or letter to Wycliffe Ontumbi, Recruiter: Wycliffe.email@example.com
*FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST*