DSW seeks to recruit an International Project Coordinator – Advocacy. This is a full time position based in Nairobi with frequent travels within East Africa.
The incumbent is responsible for successfully developing, implementing and monitoring the East Africa activities related to the international donor-funded advocacy programme SHAPE. The contract is issued on a two-year basis with options for renewal.
- Advanced university degree (Masters) in Social Sciences or related fields from a recognised University
- Fluency in English (oral and written). Additional language skills are beneficial
- At least 5 years of working experience in planning and conducting a wide variety of advocacy and policy initiatives around the priority areas (FP/RH)
- In-depth knowledge of policies and programmes on Family Planning, Sexual and Reproductive Health, Adolescents and Youth
- Demonstrated understanding of national and sub-national political structures, budget cycles and decision making processes, preferably in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda
- Ability to work independently and under minimum supervision
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your salary expectations) with the reference “International Project Coordinator – Advocacy” clearly indicated in the email subject line to: email@example.com
Deadline for application: March 19th, 2017
Ideal start date: Immediate
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. DSW is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.