Emali Dedicated Children Agency (EDCA)
Job Title: Program Officer
Job Location: Emali Programme Office – Emali
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
Emali Dedicated Children Agency (EDCA) is a Community Organization working with ChildFund towards helping the Deprived; Excluded and Vulnerable children have the capacity to improve their lives and the opportunity to become young adults, parent and leaders who bring lasting and positive change in their communities.
The organization is looking for self-driven individuals who want to exercise their abilities and knowledge out of heart to serve children and the community, for the following Job Opportunity to be based in the Emali Office.
Position: Program Officer, Programs Department
Overall Objectives of the position: Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Programs Officer will support the implementation of development projects in Emali.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with the EDP structures to facilitate the design, planning, implementation, and monitoring of child centered programs using ChildFund Theory of Change and program principles.
- Enhance Child and Youth Participation in Programming.
- Facilitate and Enhance Quality and Timely implementation and monitoring of projects in line with AOPBs, ChildFund Policy and DEV framework.
- To facilitate the creation and/or strengthening of quality relationships between EDP and the available NGO and relevant government departments/ministries to influence and foster development at the Community, Divisional and Sub County Levels.
- Facilitate timely and quality documentation and reporting of project progress and report production monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Facilitate community mobilization and action for development.
- Work closely with contractors and service providers in the field in consultation with Programme Coordinator.
- Guide community organizations in developing workable proposals and Annual Plans and budgets.
- Work closely with the EDP Sponsor Relations department to support sponsor relations activities in line with ChildFund Kenya policy on sponsorship.
- Participate in preparation of AOPB as per ChildFund guidelines to support organization road map and ChildFund Program strategies.
- Prepare accurate and detailed progress reports of implementation.
- Support grant funded activities as required.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.