Duma Works is recruiting a Graphic Designer for our client; a leading event planning & management company in Nairobi.
Job Purpose: This job creates graphic representations of event concepts for the purpose of presentation to clients and translation by the technical department.
Overall, this role helps in the development of live events concepts that will not only thrill our clients their respective event attendance but also meet their event objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with HOD Concept Development and Fabrication on events design and event trend research.
- Able to interpret a written or vocal brief into an illustrated concept presentation.
- Be involved in coming up with, and illustrating creative event concepts.
- Carry out site visits with clients.
- Create and supervise production of the company’s marketing collateral.
- Work with the sales team on the development of event concepts which they will use in selling and marketing the company’s services.
- Ability to identify, understand, and analyze issues, problems, and opportunities.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to research to identify trends in style, color and design
- Manage several projects from concept through completion.
- Conduct other administrative duties as required by your supervisor.
- Diploma in Graphic Design or related course.
- Competency in design software such as 3D Max, Sketch Up and full Adobe Suite.
- Presence of online portfolio and/or any other demo work is an added advantage in this application.
- 2+ years experience in graphic design
Required and Highly Sort Job Traits
- Internet savvy.
- Skills in typography (the style and appearance of printed matter), composition and color.
- Independent, self-starter, self-sufficient.
- Excellent communication skills verbal, written and presentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Passion for live events and event concept designs.
- Have a strong eye for trends, color, lighting and typography.
- Ability to competently exercise judgment in scheduling the time-resource for completing assigned projects on time.
- To be able to succeed in this role, you will need to be a strong team player.
- Passionate, committed and in general an autonomous person with a high level of initiative and energy.
- Clear Vision
- Clear Hearing
- Sound Mind
Other physical requirements
Walking: The employee will be required to walk considerable distances in the designated venue during the course of his or her work (Excludes walking to and from work area, etc.)
Send your Cover Letter, detailed CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2709”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2709 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th March 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.