Organisation: Greenpeace Africa
FFL Mobilisation Officer
Department: Engagement Team, Mobilisation Unit
Reports To: Senior Mobilisation Manager / Engagement Director
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Working Hours: 9am to 5pm Mon – Fri
Effective From: ASAP
Greenpeace Africa is an environmental campaigning organization with offices in Southern, West and Central Africa. The organization is currently seeking for a Mobilisation Officer to join its engagement department, based in East Africa.
Main Purpose of the Job
- The incumbent will be expected to develop strong local volunteer groups across campaign locations in East Africa, and community and grassroots networks that link key communities to Greenpeace programme objectives and especially with the Food for Life Campaign and fosters the perception of Greenpeace as a solutions-oriented people-powered organization.
- Develop a mobilization strategy for the assigned campaign(s) in line with the overarching GP Africa mobilisation strategy and roll-out plans.
- Prioritize, organize and/or participate in public engagement projects and activities that will build public support for the organization.
- Assist in developing and implementing open campaigns and other mobilization tactics foster learning within the team and with partners and supporters.
- Foster relationships and prioritize shared actions with selected potential NGOs, Community Based Organisation (CBOs) and Faith Based Organisations in priority areas.
- Liaise with online and offline public engagement staff in the broader Greenpeace world to stay up to date with contemporary Greenpeace engagement techniques.
- Build and cultivate relationships with existing and potential communities, allies, supporters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications International Development or relevant field (or equivalent experiences)
- Proven success record in community mobilisation, participatory developmental work, or solutions work.
- Experience in working in an international NGO environment is a plus
- Ability to conceive and implement ideas single-handedly as well as ensure that those around deliver work in a collaborative manner.
- Embrace Diversity
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should email their CV and covering letter to the Human Resources Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position they are applying for in the subject line. All applications must be in English. The closing date for applications is 15 March 2017.
Greenpeace offers market related salary.
Please note that should you not receive correspondence from us within 20 days from the closing date; please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.