Our client is a FMCG company looking for a Sales Representative.
Job Code: SR/BD/170310
Number of Positions Open: 1
Reports To: Field Sales Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Summary: A pragmatic attitude towards operational business performance and high awareness of financial implications is a basic requirement.
- Ensure the delivery of brand, category and customer objectives, whilst ensuring the delivery of agreed sales, profit, pricing and distribution targets.
- Act as the internal and external ‘Customer Champion’ ensuring customer relationships are established and maintained through partnership, collaboration and co-creation.
- Create and implement a customer account plan
- To steer the region’s growth by adapting strategies as set by the organization to gain distribution, market share, maintain and improve presence at POS versus competition.
- Present and sell company products to existing and potential customers.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify potential Customers and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Manage Customers through regular calls and other follow-up.
- Identify and resolve Customer issues.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Communicate competitive product developments, launches/ re-launches, opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to the Field Sales Manager
- Coordinate merchandising activities to maintain shelf image.
- Propose/ develop and implement special sales activities to reduce stock.
- To co-ordinate the organizations customer investment strategy, maximising long-term profitable growth within the set parameters.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Follow-up for collection of payment.
- Coordinate shipping schedules and delivery of products.
- Provide on-the-job training to Merchandisers and distributor sales reps.
- Maintain the Company vehicle in good working condition
- Present ideas on activities/ promotions to the Field Sales Manager for approval prior to implementation
- Send detailed sales monthly reports as defined
- Sales vs. Target and explanation on deviations; organization promotional implementation (i.e. Posturing, trade offers, Store Specific Promo`s etc.); Competitor Activity (ATL/BTL).
- Train distributor sales reps. Inform on products merchandising and sales skills, market Review and define action plans for reps activities and support important negotiations.
- When involved in a project, supply frequent updated information to the team on the ground and to the Field Sales Manager.
- Manage recommended prices in trade.
- Communicate all pricing (ongoing and promotional) to all distributors on a frequent basis to ensure everybody is aware of the pricing, and can maximize any promotional activity.
- Communicate on competitor pricing.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Degree/Diploma in Sales & Marketing or any other related field
- 2 years relevant experience in Sales or Marketing
How to Apply:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Sales Representative
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your application.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only