Our client is a FMCG company looking for a Shopper & Customer Marketing Specialist – Promotions & Data
Job Code: SCMS-P&D/BD/170310
Number of Positions Open: 1
Reports To: Shopper & Customer Marketing Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- To lead the development, implementation and evaluation of consumer and trade promotions aimed at achieving agreed financial and strategic objectives.
- To work with trade partners, sales controllers and external agencies to ensure accurate sell-out data reporting and insightful analysis for business decisions
- To influence overall marketing and sales strategy via relevant input based on deep knowledge of consumers, shoppers and customers
- Create comprehensive marketing and promotions strategy for the D2C (direct to channel) channels through collaboration with Channel Leaders and other team members.
- Define the strategic focus, needs, tactics, and investment necessary to ensure effective campaigns, delivering sales targets, and customer loyalty.
- Develop and ensure proper, cost-effective execution, and project management of tactical marketing programs, grassroots initiatives, trade, and events, promotions and related collateral that contribute to building brand awareness and support channel goals. Develop respective project timelines and manage deliverables against marketing calendar(s).
- Track, analyze, and report Direct to Channel marketing results on a timely basis to include success of Price discounts, gift with purchase promotions, discount voucher promotions and other types of outreach and awareness initiatives to identify correlations between campaign goals and return on investment (ROI); interpret analysis and make recommendations to management.
- Develop and maintain benchmarks that will determine program success as a result of ongoing analysis; utilize benchmarks to develop tactical programs and forecast results.
- Ensure brand equity is maintained and in accordance with the company’s standards; ensure all programming communicates a consistent image that is compatible with the brand positioning strategy.
- Coordinate and communicate promotional and marketing program plans to D2C team, in alignment with key D2C channel specific campaign dates, and overall D2C Marketing plans.
- Develop and maintain a solid database of external contacts that can provide timely and cost effective marketing, collateral, and program development.
- Own the P&L responsibilities for marketing, promotions and traffic generating programs.
- Partner with the development of the annual budgets; insure maximum cost efficiencies and balanced spending are consistently achieved; track and insure accurate budget forecasting.
- Responsible for overseeing channel sampling budgets and promotional goals while predicting and monitoring redemption rates to ensure controlled spending. Make recommendations to optimize sampling budgets and results.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Shopper & Customer Marketing Specialist – Promotions & Data
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your application.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only