Organisation: Greenpeace Africa
Job Title: Food for Life Communications Officer
Reports To: Senior Communications Manager
Location: East Africa – Kenya
Working Hours: 9am to 5pm, Mon – Fri
Effective From: ASAP
Introduction: Greenpeace Africa is an environmental campaigning organization that works on urgent environmental issues.
Greenpeace Africa is actively working in South Africa focusing on Climate and Energy, Senegal focusing on over fishing, the Congo Basin focusing on the rainforests and recently started a new campaign in Kenya focusing on farming and agriculture.
Here is an opportunity to join the organisation that constantly brings solutions to environmental injustice.
The Food For Life team is looking for a Communications Officer that will, define and implement the communication strategy and plans for the Food For Life campaign and in East Africa in alignment with the Greenpeace Africa’s communication strategy and the campaign objectives.
Main Purpose of the Job
- Implement effective communication strategies and activities for the food for life campaign.
- Implement message testing and evaluation of campaign communications messages and materials through media monitoring and coverage analysis.
- Provide expert advice on ways to improve campaign communications.
- Build and maintain relations with the media in relevant regions.
- Ensure that the engagement and communication strategy cover other elements required for an effective communication strategy such as the digital and mobilisation and supporter journey components.
- provide guidance and training to campaigners and other spokesperson for Greenpeace Africa on campaign message and public relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism and Media Studies.
- 5 Years’ experience in Public Relations
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience in working in an NGO or CBO
- Ability to conceive and implement ideas single-handedly as well as ensure that those around deliver work in a collaborative manner.
- Embrace Diversity
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should email their CV and covering letter to the Human Resources Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position they are applying for in the subject line. The closing date for applications is 13 March 2017.
Greenpeace offers market related salary.
Please note that should you not receive correspondence from us within 20 days from the closing date your application has been unsuccessful.