Growth Hacker / Community Builder
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About Us: Our company is part of Jumia Group, a global and leading incubator of startups specialized in e-commerce.
Jumia is the leading internet group of Africa with already over 3,000 employees in 26 African countries. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by Axa, Orange, MTN and Rocket Internet.
Job Description: Impact on business; make primary metrics go up and to the right at a colossal scale.
- Using conventional and unconventional marketing approaches to generate growth – these approaches include, but definitely not limited to, analytical thinking, content marketing, gamification, product engineering, UX hacks, partnerships and development of an affiliate/influencer network (mindset: we are building a car and trying to start it, and need to figure out how to reach 100km/h)
- Owning and fine tuning of USP, customer facing brand persona and growth approaches.
- Working with content agents to ensure relevant, attractive and intuitive content is shared with the user base. Scalability is the key to success, and content will be the king in this approach.
- Working with the local Some/Community people on hand-in-hand to develop winning growth strategies and ensure successful and timely execution of agreed plans
- Coordination with the central marketing team on events, press releases, partnerships and ecosystem initiatives.
- Role is a local-central role, meaning responsibilities will be continent wide. Requirements:
A successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Development, Strategic Management or equivalent qualification.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong analytical background and communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a dynamic and fast-paced working environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate complicated data sets to varying audience in a clear and concise manner.
How to Apply:
If your profile meets the requirements, please send your CV to email@example.com with the “Growth Hacker/Community Builder – Jumia Market” as the email subject.
Give details of your expected salary in this position on the body of your application email.
Application deadline: 27th March 2017 COB.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.