Job Vacancy: P6 Planning Engineer
H. Young & CO. (E.A) Ltd is the leading Engineering and Construction Company and has its headquarters in Nairobi Kenya. The Company’s design, Manufacturing and Construction activities relate to all sectors including Infrastructure, Telecommunications, Mining, Power Generation, Petroleum Industry, Cement among others.
H. Young & CO. (E.A) Ltd recognizes that is success depends on its employees and therefore has a highly qualified mix of both local and International staff that provides quality services and products to consistently meet key objectives and deadlines.
H. Young does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
Overall Objective: The P6 Planning Engineer will be responsible for the preparation of Programme of Works and Project Schedule in Primavera P6.
About the role: The job will be based in Kenya and will require full time relocation to Project Site during the construction phase of 20-24 months.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Micro planning, follow up and expediting of each activity.
- Establishing root cause for delay & providing solutions.
- Keep pictorial and video records of project progress.
- Submission of Daily, Weekly & Monthly Progress Reports to Monitoring Department.
- Planning of all three Ms i.e. Machinery, Manpower and Material.
- Maintain the published schedule.
- Receive site progress measurement data from QS and prepare progress reports.
- Verify reported progress.
- Analyze resource planning and schedule.
- Evaluate problem areas and prepare logic alternatives.
- Perform critical path evaluation on site activities when required.
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports.
- Evaluate project progress as per planned vs actual and analysis of financial impact of the same
- Hands on proficiency of MS Projects and Primavera P6 is MUST.