Norwegian Refugee Council
Hair Dressing and Beauty Therapy Skill Teacher
Kenya Nationals Only
Location: Dadaab – Kenya
NRC is seeking to recruit Hair Dressing and Beauty Therapy Skill Teacher.
The skill instructor is responsible in the implementation YEP prescribed Vocational Training curriculum in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy skill and contribute to wider development of youth programme in NRC.
The Skill Teacher report to the Education Project Officer.
- Develop and Prepare appropriate training materials for efficient and effective delivery of the skills.
- Conduct training sessions as per the curriculum.
- Conduct continuous assessment of learners and ensure that they clearly understand the skills.
- Participate in the training curriculum development that suits the market needs.
- Responsible for proper management of training materials, tools and equipment.
- Ensure proper utilization of all project training materials, tools and equipment.
- Ensure training materials, tools and equipment are safely stored after use by students
- Responsible for basic repairs of machines, tools and equipment while executing duties.
- Ensure close and good working relationship between the training centre and the community.
- Prepare the learners to face life positively and with self-confidence and independently
- curriculum implementation and evaluation
- Managing training resources
- Promoting community participation in skills development
- A diploma or higher National diploma and above in Hair dressing and Beauty Therapy from a reputable training institution.
- Technically and professionally qualified vocational skills from a reputable training institution
- Excellent interpersonal and Communication skills
- At least 2 years relevant experience in hands on training on Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy.
- Adaptable to new educational methods and approaches.
- Clear vision, Creativity, articulate, accurate and keen to detail
- Flexibility, reliability and a team spirit
- Ability to work long hours and in challenging situations
- Academy college / University
- Experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Good knowledge of English
Duty Station: Dadaab
Contract period is up to 30th June 2017.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Dadaab.
How to Apply
Candidates should apply on line by going through www.nrc.no.
Email and paper applications will not be considered.