Position: Inclusion and Mainstreaming Project Manager
Responsible to:- Site Manager
Location: Kakuma (Non family duty station)
The Organization: Handicap International is an INGO specializing in the field of disability and development.
A strong emphasis is placed on empowering people with disabilities through their integration into mainstream development activities and the provision of appropriate health and rehabilitation services to ensure equal opportunities for all.
The Position: Under the supervision of the Site Manager, the Inclusion and Mainstreaming Project Manager is
responsible of daily management of the Disability Mainstreaming Officer. He/she coordinates and monitors planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of mainstreaming services.
He/she provides guidance to and builds the capacity of a team of officers with a view to ensure equal access to quality services as per HI standards.
S/he will be responsible for
1. Overall management of the Inclusion and mainstreaming component of the project to contribute to the HI -TUSK strategy and mandate
- Developing project implementation plans, data collection tools, and an M&E plan to ensure achievement of set goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Compiling, analyzing and providing feed-back to the mainstreaming team on their weekly planning and reports as a way to monitor activities and to build capacities.
- Organizing regular team meetings with mainstreaming team to monitor achievements and give guidance to the different team members.
2. Ensure the technical quality of the Inclusion and Disability mainstreaming component of the project
- Identifying and formulating the needs of support for the appropriate implementation of mainstreaming disability in identified priority humanitarian sectors in close partnership with mainstream agencies in various sectors.
- Mobilizing the required technical resources and support to ensure use of appropriate approaches and tools serving the overall goal of equal access to services and participation in camp management.
3. Team management of the inclusion and mainstreaming staff
- Supervising and leading the Mainstreaming team, validating individual action plan, carrying out assessments/appraisals, and recommending disciplinary measures, as necessary.
- In coordination with the Site Manager and field administrator, drawing and monitoring R&R and leave plans.
- Analyzing strengths and weaknesses of the different team members and building their capacities through continuous mentorship and, with the support of the field and technical coordinator(s), through trainings, workshops, etc.
4. Contribute towards the capitalization of experience, data collection and reporting
- Ensuring that proper and accurate data are collected by national and refugee staff while using the “individual needs assessment form” and different client assessment forms.
- Collecting necessary data using criteria and indicators established by the project
- Providing relevant analysis of the data collected for use in monthly and quarterly reports.
Qualifications and skills required:
Education: Degree in Social Work, Gender Studies, Public Health or Science, Disability / Rehabilitation Science; Special / Inclusive Education, Community Development or Community based Rehabilitation or relevant equivalent
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in gender and diversity sensitive inclusive services provision, capacity building and management of teams in emergency and Development contexts
- Experience with and knowledge of successful work with men and women with and without disabilities from diverse cultures;
- Project management
- Coaching and mentoring of team members
- Familiarity with Planning, Strategy & Policy Analysis at operational level in regard to rights based, gender sensitive and inclusive development matters
- Sound Project/Program Cycle and result based management skills and transferrable skills
- Training and adult learning skills;
- Knowledge Management experience
- Skills in services provision and working on enhancement of access and quality of services for the most vulnerable parts of populations
- Familiarity with result based management
- Familiarity with rights based, gender and disability equality approaches to policies and services
- Skills on how on to foster disability and gender equality work relations;
- Report writing skills
- Staff administrative management
- Organizational skills
- Team Leadership
- Decision Making
- Excellent interpersonal, intercultural and communication
- Excellent analytical, learning and writing skills;
- Problem solving
- Ability to work positively under pressure;