Job Profile: Head Chef
Job Summary: Our client has a number of Lodges, Camps and Hotels across Kenya and Tanzania, They enjoys the goodwill of the international tourist market, as well as a diverse local individual and corporate clientele.
They seek to hire dynamic and result oriented Head Chef who are open to change, ambitious, ready to grow and hardworking. Reporting to the General Manager
Key Results Areas
- Be conversant in working with both the hot and cold kitchen
- Ensures all food is prepared fresh and of highest quality
- Strictly adheres to all procedures, Company recipes specifications and methods
- Reports to work on-time and in a clean uniform, attends daily team meetings
- Responsible for procurement, mise-en-place, and food preparation
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production with regards to changes in forecast and menus
- Ensures product knowledge is maintained and communicated to all relevant personnel, in particular the Service team
- Maintains a high standard presentation of dishes at all times
- Reports waste to supervisors on a daily basis, and is anxious to minimize spoilage
- Checks station prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labeling
- Responsible for food storerooms, including fridge and freezer
- Takes part in food storage (quality and quantity controls) on a regular basis
- Maintains hygiene and safety standards for section at all times
- Trains his/her personnel on a continuous basis
- Responsible for the proper cleaning and sanitary matters of his/her section.
- He/She ensures that all the Hot & Cold Kitchen staff members fulfill these requirements and follows up on their performance
- Handles all working material and equipment with the necessary care and keeps it well cleaned
- Reports all necessary repairs to Manager and follows up on repairs
Qualifications and Competencies
- Diploma Certification in a culinary discipline from a recognized institution.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a 5 Star hotel.
- Ability to follow standard recipes and convert quantities mathematically.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency.
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 7th April 2017 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: email@example.com clearly marking “Head Chef” on the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
“Our client is an equal opportunity employer”