HJF Medical Research International Inc
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to global medical research programs.
Through funding agreements through the US Government, HJFMRI provides administrative support for research activities related to HIV, Malaria, TB and other infectious diseases.
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Supervisor: Finance & Administration Manager
Job Summary: The Procurement Assistant will support the Kisumu West site office in the acquisition, supply / delivery, storage and disposal of goods and services, and logistics operations at optimum cost-effective levels in an expeditious and efficient manner.
- In collaboration with the Finance & Administration Manager and Program departments, develop and manage quarterly procurement plans for the project.
- Coordinate and plan laboratory and/or clinical procurements including but not limited to developing and placing purchasing orders, monitoring delivery schedules, facilitating customs clearance (including duty-free clearance where possible), ensuring safe storage upon arrival and coordinating delivery to study/project sites.
- Establish, negotiate and manage key supplier agreements, identify new opportunities, seek ways to improve efficiencies and ensure purchasing compliance.
- Executing the tender and quotation process of HJFMRI while actively monitoring procedures across the organization, identifying any deficiencies and recommending steps for improvement.
- Communicate and report on procurement progress against work plans through developing, compiling, reconciling and/or updating information in vendor and stock database/inventory log to provide effective processing, informing management and reporting.
- Provide technical assistance to partners relating to HJFMRI purchasing processes, recording and inventory controls, and general good procurement practices.
- Preparation, review and clearance of documentation (bid evaluations, requests for awards, purchase orders and contracts for services)
- Liaising with Finance, Administration and Program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Participating in verification of fixed assets and updating the master inventory, facilitating the renewal of equipment service contracts.
- Prepare monthly procurement reports.
- Any other duty as assigned by supervisor.
For more information please visit www.hjfmri.org