Human Resource Intern
Sector: Human Resources
Employee Type: Intern
Employee Category: Full Time
To provide Human Resources support for the Human Resources Department in Nairobi and the Field sites.
Services and Administration
- In a collaborative manner, work with the HRM to maintain up-to-date records for all staff in relation to;
- Update all personnel files for staff hired from the year 2013 to date with recruitment documentationas per the recruitment tracking tool.
- Update Recruitment files from the year 2013 to date to ensure that the documentation in the recruitment files contains all the documents as per the checklist and follow up with the field HRO’s for missing documentation.
- Support in filing pending staff records to ensure up to date records on file.
- Maintain centralized registers for all documentation received and dispatched in relation to leave, training, performance management, benefits enrollment, and staff filesand advise the HRO and/orHRM concerned of any gaps.
- Manage all transactional processes related, but not limited to,
-Maintain a stock of stationery for the department to ensure that all staff in the department have adequate supplies.
-Prepare payment requisitions when requested
Ensure that all staff requirements prior to arrival are available –
- Email address
- Desk, seat, stationery
- Transfer support
- Tracking performance management and interim reviews for FY 2016/17
- Come up with effective employee retention strategies that can be implemented across IRC by June 2017.
Support with management of the quarterly staff achievement award program.
- Support the maintenance of all talent acquisition and management processes on Workday as assigned to ensure 100% data integrity by 31st January, 2017.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or Business Administration ; An alternate Bachelor’s degree with a PGD in Human Resources Management is also acceptable
- Internship of at least 6 months continuously in a similar position
- Similar experience with an INGO will be an added advantage
Please apply on or before 27th March, 2017.