Human Resource Manager – Healthcare
Our client, a Kenya-based social enterprise that combines business and clinical innovations to create a fully self-sustaining and scalable chain of maternity clinics is looking for a Human Resource Manager to help them manage their workforce.
Location: Kahawa West, Nairobi.
Job Summary: Under minimal supervision is responsible for coordinating, and performing a variety of technical, administrative and supervisory duties related to personnel operations, employment, employee relations, employee benefits and educational service functions.
- Advises administrative team on developing regulatory requirements and evaluation on implication of such regulations in a Hospital operation.
- Manages the employment policies of the hospital to assure compliance of all labor regulations. Provides counsel to management team on hospital policies and practices regarding employment issues.
- Manages the hospital benefit plans, including medical insurance, life insurance, pension, workers’ compensation, paid time off and leave policies, and makes policy recommendations designed to meet organizational objectives
- Prepares reports, and communication activities including newsletters, booklets, and brochures intended to educate staff regarding personnel policies and features of benefit programs
- Completes and files applicable for labor regulation, NSSF, NHIF and reports on employment and benefit plans
- Facilitates the employment process and acquisition of personnel. Directs the organizations recruitment and retention efforts. Develops strategy for recruitment of new employees.
- Processes pertinent employee documents and files including personnel action forms, employment requisitions, leaves of absence and termination notices.
- Provides information to employees regarding interpretation and explanation of hospital regulations, labor contracts, and personnel policies and procedures
- Develops and administers a job evaluation program to include continuous review of existing and new positions for appropriate classification
- Provides administrative direction for the development and delivery of education and training programs
- Conducts the monthly General Hospital Orientation program
- Evaluates and recommends systems that would increase the operating efficiency of the education, personnel and benefit functions of the hospital
- Plans and develops personnel programs to include the activities of labor relations, employment, wage and hour benefits and compensation
- Investigates causes of disputes and grievances and recommends correction action
- Hires, orients and evaluates personnel in assigned area
- Ensures that all Accreditation and Licensing Regulations are compiled with and enforced
- Develops and maintains collaborative working relationships among hospital departments and employee
- Responsible for the preparation and compliance of the annual (HR) budget
- Performs other job related duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Healthcare Business or Personnel Administration or related field, required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Management experience in personnel administration and labor relation
- Previous health care management experience, preferred
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of legal and operational aspects of personnel administration and labor relations
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of information systems and personal computers
- Employee must demonstrate competency computer skills (Word, Excel, PPT etc.)
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 4th April 2017
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.