Human Resource Specialist
Our client contracts several companies in Africa to stitch garments and export them directly to USA and is a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories with their headquarters in the USA and branches in Hong Kong. They are seeking to recruit a Human Resource Specialist
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Keeps employee records up to date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion.
- Maintains listing of approved positions along with assigned salary grade levels.
- Processes personnel action forms and ensures proper approvals; disseminates approved forms.
- Maintains budget spreadsheet that includes salaries, payroll taxes and fringe allowances.
- Prepares new-hire paperwork.
- Assists in hiring process by coordinating job posting on the website, reviewing resumes, and performing telephone interviews and reference checks.
- Maintains the employee handbook with updated resolutions and other pertinent information, as needed.
- Passport and Visa processing.
- Participate in the review and update HR policies and procedures
- Grade and evaluate jobs for reclassification or recruitment
- Review and update induction manual and develop regular induction and orientation programs for all categories of staff
- Facilitate orientation sessions and arranging training for employees on-the-job.
- Ensure timely processing of appointment letters and contracts
- Coordinating all activities on Occupational Health and Safety.
- Ensuring that the established disciplinary and grievance handling procedures are followed in resolving disciplinary matters.
- Resolving employee’s grievances with the staff to ensure harmonious industrial
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor in Human Resource Management or any other related course
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
- A registered member of IHRM
- 3 5 years of experience in HR field (preferred in MNC companies);
- Good knowledge for all work permit and visas etc.
- Knowledge on African countries labor law;
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org or before close of business 15th March, 2017.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement