Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) Officer
Reports to: Deputy Director – Science and Informatics
The ICT Officer’s primary responsibility will be to ensure all ICT activities within the organization are functional. S/he will undertake a wide range of ICT duties to include driving the use of technology in the organization, providing effective IT systems, helping develop and implement IT standards and policies, and providing technology support and solutions to meet the needs of the organization and health facilities.
It requires an enthusiastic individual who has a good understanding of all aspects of ICT, as well as a general knowledge of Microsoft Solutions and ERP applications and supporting ICT systems.
Description of Key Duties
- Configure and deploy new and refurbished workstations, laptops and peripheral equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, update and maintain workstations and laptops.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot printers/copiers as well as manage toner requests.
- Setup and support audio/visual equipment for presentations and trainings on and off site.
- Install and configure peripherals including scanners, external drives, monitors and other peripheral hardware.
- Removal/disposal of non-functional equipment as per organizational policies.
- Provide software and system troubleshooting and support.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and update operating systems and user applications.
- Proactively schedule software upgrades and patching.
- Assure that all software is licensed and keep record of licenses.
- Track license and support contracts to include notification of renewal timeframe to management.
- Monitor network to ensure network functionality and availability to all system users.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair cables, wireless and other network infrastructure.
- Support existing/new servers and administer access rights for all users in the office.
- Develop and maintain the organizations Website and Intranet by providing and maintaining content and designing the look and feel.
- Maintain local and server based anti-virus software.
- Develop and implement an effective backup and disaster recovery strategy to insure against loss of data through error, abuse, malfunction or disaster
- Inform and train users and management in how to adhere to security ICT policies.
- In case of virus infection clean out affected equipment.
- Ensure computer is set up prior to new hire start date and any related moves.
- Handle the relocation of computer equipment as a result of office or personnel changes.
- Request and setup new user accounts and email accounts (in collaboration with ICT Support – KCCB).
- Troubleshoot, and repair user accounts and email accounts, assist in resetting passwords.
- Participation in research and recommendation of improved infrastructure processes and technologies to include growth planning.
- Provide procurement assistance including, but not limited to, researching solutions, engaging with potential vendors, making recommendations for product purchases and evaluating bids.
- Test new equipment and applications and provide thorough feedback.
Management of Vendor Services
- Work directly with vendors to schedule repairs and maintenance.
- Request and evaluate services with vendors and service providers.
- Work with ISP and other outside vendors to ensure dependable operations.
- Work with vendors and vendor supplied systems to track service requests through to completion.
- Train new and current employees on computer software and ICT systems.
- Create material and presentations for trainings and reports.
- Assess user capacity and suggest trainings and areas in need of improvement.
Routine Administrative Tasks
- Create and maintain inventory, which may include hardware, software and various items such as laser printer cartridges and peripheral equipment.
- Maintaining documentation of processes, procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
- Monitor and report ICT expenses.
- Assist with preparation of operating budgets based on estimated and actual expenditures for ICT systems and support needs.
- Keep ICT equipment, storage area and work area clean and organized.
- Manage KARP communication and online platforms including KARP website, photography, branding and social media platforms.
- Take lead in photographing and disseminating program related activities including human interest stories.
- Develop internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, intranet, video, special projects and assignments.
- Create rich and creative content that is optimized for search engines.
- Participate in developing high quality Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials.
- Maintain documentation management system (hard copy and on network).
- Any other duties that may be reasonably assigned.
Applications should be addressed to:-
The General Secretary
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops
P.O Box 13475-00800
To reach him on or before 24th March 2017
Candidates to only submit application letters and CV’s. Academic certificates and testimonials will be needed if candidates are shortlisted.
NB: Please include the Position Title you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted