In Their Hands Project Officer
Our Client, an international NGO whose core business is reproductive health and family planning to the world’s poorest and vulnerable women is seeking to recruit a In Their Hands Project Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and track project progress including budgets in a timely manner and implement corrective actions
- Assist in preparation of youth school based training materials and manuals and help to conduct necessary training and workshops for teachers and students as and when required in the process of implementation of the projects.
- Assist in design of project activities
Planning and Implementation:
- Prepare work plans and operation plans for various elements/ components of the project on half yearly basis and an annual basis
- Organize youth awareness events in conjunction with Marketing Department
- Plan School based interventions with the support of consortium members under the leadership of Ministry of Education officials
- Plan and implement youth awareness events
- Interface with consortium partners and advocate for our priorities
- Undertake regular visits to the field to supervise school based interventions.
- Work closely with the regional teams to ensure donor targets are on the track and offer advice and support on field implementation
Monitoring, documentation and reporting:
- Promote and undertake the documentation of good practices and synthesis of lessons learned, and ensure that these are reflected in improved training and management tools
- Maintain a database of crucial project documents which track project progress.
- Contribute to all aspects of the procurement process including drafting Terms of Reference
- Track and report project results
- Develop project reports
- Represent our client at the County, national and International fora as required
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Health, Communication or Business related field.
- Experience in implementing donor projects
- Experience in designing and implementing youth activities
- Experience in dynamic, fast paced problem solving and turning around struggling initiatives
- Experience managing external contractors and consultants
- Experience as an advocate on youth issues, either at a policy level or within an organization
- Experience in reproductive health programming (desirable)
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org or before close of business 13th March, 2017.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.